Protocol Revenue

Protocol revenue is an important metric for understanding the health and growth potential of every blockchain ecosystem. For Era Protocol, the revenues will generate from these main sources:

  1. Launching Fee

Launching fee refers to the fee that Era Protocol charges to project teams in order to conduct an Initial DEX Offering (IDO) or Initial NFT Offering (INO) on our Launchpad platform. The fee is typically charged as a percentage of the total funds raised during the sale.

  1. Marketplace Fee

Era Protocol offers a decentralized marketplace to buy, sell, and discover non-fungible tokens (NFTs) for projects without the inner resources to develop their own. NFT offered on Era Protocol Marketplace is charged an x% marketplace fee on each sale made through its platform. In addition, there may be additional fees charged by the zkSync network for processing the transaction, known as gas fees. These fees can vary depending on network congestion and other factors.

  1. Retroactive pool

As mentioned in the retroactive section of Era Protocol, users are required to pay a deposit fee to participate in the program. If a user is not selected as a winner, 80% of the deposit fee will be refunded to them. The remaining 20% will be kept by the protocol as revenue to cover the costs of organizing and building the retroactive campaign platform. This 20% is referred to as the Retroactive pool.

  1. Platform Fee

When developers publish their apps or projects on Era Protocol and run their marketing campaign, Era Protocol will charge a platform fee on the app's revenue. This means that for every money earned by the developer, Era Protocol takes a percentage of that amount as its share.

As the adoption of zkSync and blockchain continues to grow, so too will the revenue generated by Era protocol. A small part of this revenue will be crucial for the continued development and maintenance of Era Protocol's underlying technology. Most of the revenues generated from the running of Era Protocol will be used as the pool for staking.

Last updated